Social media is full of advertisements that encourage us to be better and to get thinner; from the tabloids to the television to Instagram to the news, we are constantly assured that our best self is just out of reach. And yet, for most of us, optimal health is easier said than done.
Luckily, that’s all about to change.
Because we are bringing you 10 things you can do this week to be healthier- without sacrificing too much time, or missing out on the things you most enjoy.
So read on, and embrace a healthier, happier you!
- Eat your veggies! Remember how mum always used to pester you to eat those greens? She was on to something. A diet high in vegetables is proven to reduce your chances of contracting illness, improve your intestinal health, and can even boost your immune system.
- Sleep well. Not only can sleep improve your skin’s health and help you look younger, getting a proper night’s rest can help improve your memory, and can even help you to lose weight. Sleep is essential for mental and physical repair, 8 hours is an ideal amount.
- Work it out. Exercising encourages better sleep, and releases powerful endorphins that make you feels great. You don’t have to run a marathon to get the benefits, either. Studies have shown that getting just 10 minutes of exercise a day has fantastic effects on your health. Walk in your lunch hour rather than sitting at your desk, take the stairs instead of the elevator and stand whenever possible.
- Laugh. We’re not joking! Laughing relaxes the body, relieves tension, and even boosts your immune system.
- Get outdoors – Even if it’s cold and wet. Taking a walk or having a picnic or even stargazing can boost your happy hormones as well as give you daily dose of fresh air! Being close to nature will make you feel less stressed and more grounded.
- Eat protein at every meal. Protein is the building blocks of your body, we use it to build and repair tissue. It also helps you feel fuller for longer, aim for one palm size portion for a female and two for a male. Some protein sources: Eggs, Fish, Meat, Nuts, Beans, Cheese
- Get more fibre. Fibre regulates digestion, reduces blood pressure, and even lowers bad cholesterol. Great sources of fiber are oats, fruits, vegetables, beans, chickpeas, nuts and lentils.
- Get naughty. That’s right- studies have proven that having sex regularly makes you feel younger, boosts your immune system, and can even increase your lifespan!
- Drink more water. Getting 2 litres a day energises your muscles, controls your calorie intake, and encourages kidney health. If you are just 2% dehydrated it will reduce your body functioning optimally.
- Meditate. Taking the time to tune in and relax can help reduce stress as well as relieve symptoms of IBS, lower your blood pressure, and increase your fertility. It will also encourage feelings of peace and self-love.
Introduce these gradually into your life and over time they will become habit, forming life term healthy habits is the key to your health and well-being. If you want to have some more advice sign up to receive our blogs here www.3rholistictherapies.co.uk